Wednesday, June 30, 2010

This is the week that never ends....

So today we had a tech rehearsal of the 2 kids' shows: Annie Jr. and Thoroughly Modern Millie Jr.

I'm in charge of Stage Left during Annie Jr. meaning I get to designate who moves what where and when and moving set pieces while we're trying to keep control of 70 children under the age of 12.

Millie Jr. I'm stage managing so I call the cues for the show.

We're running both shows both nights, Annie Jr. at 6:30 and Millie Jr. at 8. With a 15 minute intermission. I don't know how that's going to work because our change over between the 2 shows takes like half an hour. So today, when we were supposed to be on our lunch break we were switching sets. No lunch for us!

Both were a very interesting experience. The tech runs went VERY well today for a tech run, each took about 2- 2 1/2-ish hours. Stressful, but definitely a good learning experience.

After rehearsals today we had a dinner break, went and did Box Office for Arsenic and then finished up any last things that had to be done on the sets. (Why we have such huge sets for a 2-day run is beyond me ha ha!) We were there until 2:30 am tonight! Woo-hoo! Get to be back at 9. Do dress rehearsals, short break, and then we OPEN!!! AH!!! Scary.

Dancing during build/paint/whatever else tonight was pretty fun and random. Also, our ANTM runway was fierce. Just sayin.

Also, pretty sure that me and my roommate Anna are being eaten alive by something in our sleep. We have bites ALL OVER US! GAH! With the bug bites and the thick layer of paint I look pretty diseased, it's not a pretty sight. Luckily I've now showered which is nice. You know you're working too much when you can't find a time to shower besides 3:30 am.

Well, I should probably get to bed now.

Goodnight. Sorry for this extremely random, boring, awkward blog-ness happening right now.

I'm tired.


No comments:

Post a Comment