Monday, June 28, 2010

Productive Sunday

I'm very pleased with how this day turned out.

-Got some much needed rest.

-Watched "A Chorus Line."

-Finished homework for Computer Info Systems.

-Made dinner for the roomies. (Homemade mashed potatoes, chicken, green beans, and salad.)

-Ate dinner with the roomies. (I love them!)

-Finished mid-term test for Computer Info Systems.

-Made a cake for Rick's birthday with the roomies.

-Made cookies.

-Updated blog.

Successful indeed. :)


Here is the cake that we made for Rick.

Long story on this one.

The pan was too small for how much cake batter there was so it bubbled over and got all over the inside of our stove. This left a chunk missing in that side of the cake, but don't worry, we just covered it up with extra frosting! :) Haha!

Next, we realized that we didn't have any birthday candles, so we took one of my small gingerbread flavored candles and stuck it on the cake.

We didn't have anything to decorate it with so we put rhinestones on it and spelled out "Happy B-Day Rick"

Rick had been building sets all day long and was ever so happy that we had surprised him with a delicious lemon cake.
This led to one of my now favorite quotes ever:
"I love this cake so much that I want to kill someone and make this my horcrux!"

No comments:

Post a Comment